Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student

A teacher is still needed for a networked student.  They are needed if the student gets stuck and needs some help finding something or gets lost in the process of researching a certain topic.  She also helps her student organize all of their information they have already acquired. 
I love the thought of connectivism.  Connectivisim can be used in so many ways not just online.  It keeps you actively looking for answers not just looking in a certain book.  I love the idea of not having a text book; number one books cost too much and number two it is eco friendly!
I wish I had a teacher like Mrs. Drexler when I was in middle school.  I believe that all teachers should encourage their students to become active learners and to expand their social network.  But, teach them how to use she social networks in a safe and beneficial way.  Online blogging and research is what our society is coming to these days, so we need to teach our children as much as possible!
A 7th Graders Personal Learning Environment

This 7th grader just blew my mind!  She is amazing in my book.  I cannot believe kids that young know how to do this kind of stuff that we as college students are just now learning.  These children are going to be our future leaders, they are going to be brilliant!  Her PLE is way more broad than my PLN.  I wish i was as wise as this little girl and had as much insight as she does on how to enhance her PLE.
 The Machine is Changing Us

The speaker brought up several good points.  He also used several funny videos.  One thing he talked about was making an identity for yourself in the classroom.  If you want to have a relationship with a teacher you have to make an identity for yourself. 

2 comments:

  1. That's the point. The kids (sometimes) know more than you!

    Watch for my comment on The Machine Is Changing Us coming soon to the class blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these children are very intellegent and will become future leaders of this world someday! It is exciting to see this kind of push for technology even at such a young level.
    The teacher should be there at all times to help the student in case that student needs anything for networked student. I know sometimes teachers never even check their email and so if you have a question there really is no way to get it answered.

    ReplyDelete