Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blog Post #10

An Open Letter to Educators
In Morgan’s post she tells us how she was tired of her teachers just lecturing and nothing else. She stated they were not pushed to get together with other students and help or anything like that. All that they had to depend on was the teacher. The world is changing daily and if our teachers are not somewhat changing with it, then how are we supposed to learn new stuff so we can teach our future children in our classrooms? I totally agreed with Morgan and everything she had to say. I also loved Brains video; I am glad someone has chosen to make a stand and try and make a change. You know that those teachers have to know that they are boring as anything why don’t they try and get with the 21st century? I agree with both of them they both had very good points. I agree that sitting in a classroom for countless hours is worthless. After about fifteen minutes every single student in that classroom is thinking of something totally different than what the teacher is lecturing! I believe that if the teachers do not get with the program our future is not going to go anywhere!
An Open Letter to Educators
Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
My Sentence: She is there to help no matter what or when! I loved this video this really made you think, it made you think not only about yourself but about others around you. It also made you think wow was I my best yesterday and what can I do for tomorrow to make it my best I can be!!
Two Questions That Can Change Your Life

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. I also agree with you that the teachers have to know that they are the most boring people ever during their lectures and sooner or later they have to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I am so over being lectured to for hours out of a book. It is so boring and I do not feel like I really learn anything this way. I know that as hard as I try to pay attention, I ofter start thinking about other things. It is just to boring! The world is changing everyday and we need to change with it! I loved your sentence. We need to let our students know that we are there for them, so this was a great sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,

    I agree that lectures are boring and one of the least effective ways to capture the students' attention. I think teachers are with the program, they are just comfortable with their style of teaching. As teachers we should incorporate all different types of teaching strategies to reach all the students. I was wondering who Brian is? I believe the video was by Dan Brown.

    So your sentence is that you are there no matter what or when? If so, that is great that you can always be available for your students. Where is your response to the blog post about leaving the pencil at school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason I did not post anything about the pencil is because in the directions it did not say to write anything. It just said to look at it. In all of the directions it says write this or that these directions did not say that. That is why I did not do it it's not because I was lazy. I just thought he just wanted us to view it.

    ReplyDelete